As the local school district thought it was a cool idea to offload the kids for an entire week instead of the traditional Thursday/Friday holiday for Thanksgiving Week – I’m finding it hard to get onto the computer. Heck, I’ve had to set a timer so that I can have my own hour! Yikes!
So, I’m going to skip the long blogs and just list my top 5 things I’m thankful for:
1. My Family — The Husband is a most wonderful man, supportive, loving, and sexy. Drama Teen, Scooter, and Inertia Boy are blessings (sometimes in disguise) but I’ll always be grateful that I could complete my family both in the biological way and through adoption.
2. My Health — yep, as I’ve aged, I’m feeling the aches and pains, and am lugging around a few extra pounds, but I’ve got all my parts and they are all working reasonably well. Can’t ask for much more than that.
3. My Friends – both in real life (IRL) and online. My IRL friends keep me grounded, make sure that I actually leave the house occasionally, and treat me to laughter and lunches. My online author friends share the writing journey with me. There’s nothing better than hanging out with people who “get” you. My blogging RAD parent friends leave me in awe at their energy, innovation, and sheer love for their difficult children. Their stories give me hope and without them, I’m sure I would have given up on Inertia Boy long ago.
4. My Country and Countrymen – I am forever grateful for all of those in the armed forces who fought to give me freedom, and continue to fight, every day, to make sure that I continue to live free.
And last but not least —
5. The dude who invented writing. I often imagine that stone-aged guy (or gal) knocking a hole in a rock, choosing a concept for it to be associated with, and then sharing it with friends and family. Because, Lordy, where in the world would I be if I couldn’t write down all the stories in my head and share them with someone?
What are you thankful for?