‘Cept, I do.
I know there are plotters and pantsers, list makers, and wing-its. I’m a plotter and a lister. I need my goals clearly stated and listed out or else I forget. Heck, I often say I’d forget my head on the kitchen table if it wasn’t securely attached to my torso.
So, without further ado…
1. Find a home for Wild Ghost Chase – I’ve had nibbles in the agent and publisher department, so I’m hoping it’s just a matter of time…
2. Finish zombie historical – I have such high, high hopes for this piece. So, why I am so afraid to just put my butt in a chair and write? I know the historical aspects and the tight timeline of one of the “real” characters have me a little spooked, but I’m trying to “just write” the first draft…if only I could find the time. Next week, when the kiddos go back to school, it becomes my first priority!
3. Write another Eclipse novella for Phaze
4. Write sequel to The Lady is a Vamp for Total E-bound
5. Write something, anything, for Cobblestone Press
6. Ditto for Lyrical Press
7. Rinse and repeat steps 3-6 until the end of the year.
I write novella-length fiction fairly quickly and have been known to kick one out in a month. What I have to learn to do is to let the story sit and stew. Wild Ghost Chase has ended up being a much better book for sitting until I could emotionally (i.e., ruthlessly) edit it (now, lets just hope a publisher agrees with me!)
It will probably be 2010 by the time I post again, so HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!